A network of connected digital devices that collect and share data. The data lives in the cloud, combined with complimentary data, and then shared with end users in a constructive format.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Get an Edge with the Industrial Internet of ThingsAs industrial professionals know, enterprise computing is undergoing a major shift. By 2022, according to Gartner, 50% of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside the data center or cloud. That roughly doubles today’s figure.
- Industrial Edge Infrastructure ExposedARC Advisory Group recently released a market report exploring the increasing awareness and attention around the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Pushing Toward the Edge with Low-Touch, Continuously Available SystemsHow do you prepare for the evolution toward edge-based devices and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)?
- Designing an Edge Computing Infrastructure: Best PracticesAt first glance, edge computing appears very homogeneous, and includes all activities that are performed outside of the "Core", which could be the location of the primary corporate-wide IT (Information Technologies) infrastructure. In fact, edge computing is a multi-tiered mix of assets arranged in a use-case and workload centric fashion. CIOs and other IT leaders must prepare their wider organization and key stakeholders for the necessary steps to successfully deploy and manage an edge computing infrastructure. Firms that acknowledge edge computing as a long-term investment generally fall into these two categories. To learn what the two categories are read on.
- Welcome to the Edge - Advantages & Challenges of Transitioning to Edge ComputingThis article describes the evolution that is taking place in edge computing today, and briefly describes how next-generation solutions can help organizations capitalize on new opportunities presented by the edge.