The time delay between the client and the server – and back.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Get an Edge with the Industrial Internet of ThingsAs industrial professionals know, enterprise computing is undergoing a major shift. By 2022, according to Gartner, 50% of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside the data center or cloud. That roughly doubles today’s figure.
- Pushing Toward the Edge with Low-Touch, Continuously Available SystemsHow do you prepare for the evolution toward edge-based devices and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)?
- Myth-Busting: Cloud vs. EdgeFor many industrial automation professionals, the cloud has come to represent the backbone of the IIoT. But, for enterprises to really make progress with their IIoT visions, they must begin to realize that the cloud is only one part of their IIoT universe.
- Achieving Instantaneous Fault Tolerance for Any Application on Commodity Hardware: Q&A
- Always-On Trading & Hardware Fault Tolerance Shines at International Stock Exchange