A control system architecture for industrial organizations allowing for monitoring, gathering, and processing of real-time data.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Get an Edge with the Industrial Internet of ThingsAs industrial professionals know, enterprise computing is undergoing a major shift. By 2022, according to Gartner, 50% of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside the data center or cloud. That roughly doubles today’s figure.
- How IIoT Cost Trends Impact Cloud and Edge StrategiesFollowing our recent webinar with LNS, “Build an Analytics Anywhere Strategy today with the IIoT”, we have received a number of questions around the cost implications of implementing an IIoT strategy and how cloud and edge computing both play a part in an IIoT framework.
- Engineers at System Integrators benefit from Zero-Touch ComputingIn a digital age, software gets the lion’s share of attention. But the best software is only as good as the server and network it runs on. If software is a Broadway show, then servers are the stage, and if the stage is dark, no one can see the show.
- The IT/OT Convergence and Hybrid Analytics in the Industrial SpaceThere has been a lot of debate recently over the increasingly competitive and overlapping roles of operational technologists (OT) and information technologists (IT) within industrial automation.
- Designing an Edge Computing Infrastructure: Best PracticesAt first glance, edge computing appears very homogeneous, and includes all activities that are performed outside of the "Core", which could be the location of the primary corporate-wide IT (Information Technologies) infrastructure. In fact, edge computing is a multi-tiered mix of assets arranged in a use-case and workload centric fashion. CIOs and other IT leaders must prepare their wider organization and key stakeholders for the necessary steps to successfully deploy and manage an edge computing infrastructure. Firms that acknowledge edge computing as a long-term investment generally fall into these two categories. To learn what the two categories are read on.